Considerations for the disposal of dangerous substances
The following remarks are just a few guidelines, it is imperative to consult further sources!
The most comfortable and secure approach to the disposal of harzardous waste is to not create them in the first place. Often one can replace a dangerous substance with a less dangerous one, in any case one can perform most of the experiments on a small scale. Both of these serve to avoid accidents and to spare one's heath and purse!
- It is best to inform oneself in advance, where a disposal of dangerous substances is possible.
- Smaller amounts can usually be disposed of free of charge at the local recycling center.
- Dangerous substances, seperated according to type, are collected in proper, correctly marked (symbols!) containers (if at all possible unbreakable). Some dangerous substances have to be deactivated before disposal, in some cases the pH should be adjusted. Very good advice is offered by Omikron GmbH.
- The improper disposal of dangerous substances is harmful to man and environment!
- Whoever does not properly disposal of hazardous waste can be punished severely!